does it matter if i fail

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by dapex, Apr 20, 2005.

1. dapex

dapex Bit Poster

As you may have gathered I am looking to do my ccna and ccda using home study. I see that you can buy practise exams for about half the price of the official exam but I would rather sit the proper exam and fail, this way it gives the me the feel for the exam and helps with the nerves....

Does it go against me in anyway if I failt the exam twice before I pass it???

Cheers

2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

dapex, I feel the same way I really don't think 3rd party test can prepare you for the real thing. All the 3rd party prep tests I've done are nothing like the real thing. As for failing no it doesn't go against you as nobody would find out how many times you failed and it doesn't have it on the certificate or your score for that matter...:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you gentlemen. A good mock test can show you the areas where you need to study up on. I've been in situations where I thought I had the material pretty well dialed and then took a mock test and realized that I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was. This is just my opinion of course. There are folks who don't touch mock testing software.

What's more important in terms of taking the CCNA or CCDA exams is the practical experience. I took the Cisco Netacademy classes to prepare for my CCNA which included hand-on experience with cisco routers and switches and plenty of command line work. That really paid off when I took the actual exam, especially the simulation items which behave as if you were really consoled into a router. If you don't know those commands cold, you will have a tough time making it. JMHO. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+