Does GW want a fight with Russia or what?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

It's an excellent article and much of what he says is true. But he doesn't really offer any solutions as such. You can't redraw the world's borders at this point. That just isn't going to happen.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I just think were all a bit screwed, we all know 9/11 and all the other attacks that have happened wouldnt if the second Iraq invasion hadnt occurred. But America needs oil

The fact that America is always on the side of Israel, when they are actually the main agressors.

And the fact that the US thinks that if you dont follow its ideals (many of whom I actually agree with) then your a backwards country and need converting.

That is why Osama and his mates have gained such prominence and will keep gaining stature amongst young people untill a very big disaster (bigger than what we have seen) happens

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

That gets my vote!!!.....Ahh, if only..

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  4. greenbrucelee

Peace & harmony will never happen while people follow religion, and I dont just mean one particular faith but all religions are corrupt.

In my opinion people invented religions to give people hope and beleif and in turn the religious leaders act corrupt and take advantage of people who need something to make there lives better.

And then those people tell there children to follow their faith and obviously the kids beleive their parents and so on and so on

I quote John Lennon "I dont beleive in Beatles, I just beleive in me" in more people were like that then the world would be a better place

5. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

I may have this wrong but are you saying that it is arrogance??

If so, I couldn't agree more. What makes the Western way of life BETTER that any other.

The crusades got me....The converted were doing quite well on their own thank you very much. (some would say better!!)

As a Star trek fan it pains me to say it, but the program was starting to grate on my nerves a little bit. A nice American (under the guise of the "federation") star ship traveling through space trying to conscript Alien cultures into following the ways of the "superior" human race.

Anyway, seeing as i know NOTHING about politics (I have no idea what most of these posts are saying), I will take my leave and apologize for the interruption. :oops:

6. greenbrucelee

No you have it spot on, that is why America is more hated than loved, that is why Osama and his mates want to destroy the west

Its not someones place to say you dont believe in our way of life were gonna kill you.

I mean the Christian faith has killed more people than the black death, aids, and smallpox put together and that was just because those people were not christians

7. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Whaa... Did I hear you correctly ?

9/11 happened because we invaded Iraq ???

Not the first time I've heard this actually. Whenever somebody says this, I just can't bring myself to take them seriously anymore.

8. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Just out of interest, what do you mean?? (I may actualy learn something here) :eek:

9. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

9/11 happened

before

the iraqi invasion, not

after

10. greenbrucelee

Its not just because we invaded Iraq, its because the West is arrogant and I'm sorry to say the terroist attacks will continue to happen untill we realize that just because some people have totally different way of life to ours. We should leave them be unless they ask for help.

That is what the leaders of the west do not understand and that is why people dont like America and Great Britain

11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That'd be nice, if not for radical Muslims wanting to kill anyone outside of their religion. It'd be against their religious beliefs to allow us to live; thus, they follow their highest obligation, which is to Allah, not the rest of mankind.

EDIT: Please note that I said radical Muslims, not every Muslim on the face of the planet. Thanks.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

AHhhhhhhh...:oops:

13. BosonMichael

Except... we would have been cutting a deal with evil people. Not that we haven't before... but that doesn't make doing so right.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  14. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

But you are maintaining that part of the reason for 9/11 was because we invaded Iraq ? How can that be ? How could they attack us for something we hadn't done yet ?

15. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

Do Muslims not all "read from the same book" (sorry for any offense against Muslims but I cant remember what your holy book is called), as it where, or is it that same old problem of Interpretation??

16. greenbrucelee

Christians did it before the Muslims in the crusades, I dont want to **** you off but have you actually thought why they are radical, its not because we do dont belive in Allah and the Koran its beacsue we believe that they should believe in our way of life.

If you watch Team america world police and try not laugh, that is what they think of the West especially the USA i.e America policies the world and does nothing wrong even if they make a big mess in the process

17. BosonMichael

So... they're killing us because we're arrogant. Hm. yeeeeeah, good reason to kill someone. :dry

If we were to kill people for arrogance in the UK and US, we'd have a severe IT tech shortage. :rolleyes:

18. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

First Line..: Its not "arrogance" per se, its the actions that the arrogance leads to.

Second Line..: LOL, True enough.:biggrin

19. greenbrucelee

But its because that alot of people over here and in America think that they are backwards and stupid and that oh they're maybe gonna get dangerous because they're just starting to develp technology for weapons we had years ago.

And we forget that its been us who supplied them with the technology etc

We cant find Osam B lets get saddam instead and make up some shite about WMDs

Thats why they struck first and that why they will continue to strike.

Yes some Mulsims interperate the Koran to say kill all non believers, just like some christans interperate the bible to say all gay people should be persecuted.

RELIGION IS WRONG

20. BosonMichael

Yep, it's likely an interpretation issue. Same reason why there are different Christian denominations.