Does GW want a fight with Russia or what?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Why is this bloke so intent on fighting everyone, I though he was a bible basher (no offense intended if you believe, its your choice).

See if he is then its my understanding that youre supposed to be nice ie. Love thy neighbour not nuke thy neighbour:twisted:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You're not supposed to be "nice"; you're supposed to stand up for what is right. Remember, Jesus threw out the moneychangers from the temple. Was he not a nice guy for "provoking a fight"?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Bambino1506

Bambino1506 Megabyte Poster

two sides to it really, russians have reacted aggressively to US plans saying they will point nuclear weapons at europe.....not a smart move by russia really, they really don't need more bad relations in the west.

But I can see why they are feeling threatened.Oh well GW hasn't got long left anyway.

Certifications: MCP,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: CCA
  4. NetEyeBall

NetEyeBall Kilobyte Poster

Didn't the Russian Government request to assist in developing the program six years ago?

Wouldn't they want to participate in such a system to keep their own country safe from other missle toting countries?

But..as for GW....two words....immigration enforcement...and broken borders.

Certifications: CCNA, A+, N+, MCSE 4.0, CCA
    WIP: CCDA, CCNP, Cisco Firewall
  5. greenbrucelee

The thing is yeah standing uo to what is right is the best way to go about it but GW is a ******** I mean does America really want someone who can hardly speak in charge of the big red button

second thing if something did kick off we would be screwed because china would intevene an kill us all

6. BosonMichael

Your liberal-media-skewed perception of GW is showing.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  7. greenbrucelee

I dont think its that I just think he is a bit thick.

We all know the election count in Florida was a fixed and that Al Gore should have got in (btw I dont think he would have been any good either).

But how many times have you seen him make a **** up on a live address to your good nation or the other week infact when he was with the Queen.

I cant remember the Guys name that I think he beat faily squarley last time but he seemed to have his faculties about him.

I certainley would be pissed off to know that the most powerful man in my country and probably the world was a bit dim.

Anyway he has his lapdog Tony to help him8)

8. BosonMichael

If you believe that he's completely thick and that the election in Florida was fixed, then you're buying into the liberal media's stories. Period.

I don't agree with everything he does... but he's not the doofus that you make him out to be.

9. greenbrucelee

Its just my opinion I do think he is dim and that its people behind him pulling the strings.

But he will be gone soon enough.

I just dont get his way of 'right you dont agree with me, were gonna invade' mentality.

I mean by that 'ok no one knows where Osama B is, so will get Saddam instead and we will forget it was us who supplied him with the weapons', or even oh it was Iran who are smuggling insurgents into Iraq lets get them too or even we got to get them in afgahnistan and we will forget we gave them their power and weapons also.

10. shaggy

shaggy Byte Poster

a dumb president?

bit of an oxymoron IMO

Certifications: BND ICT Systems Support and Networking
    WIP: A+
  11. BosonMichael

One problem... he hasn't said we should invade Russia. Nor did we invade Iran... nor did we invade North Korea, although both probably warrant it more than Iraq did.

Do we honestly need to get into a big political discussion on a tech board?

12. greenbrucelee

:D he is a tool!

Only GW can mess up his speach with the queen present, I bet prince Phillip was pissing himself

13. greenbrucelee

Yeah we will stop this now, but only time will tell what he will do before he leaves office:blink

14. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

You what I think ? I think the first Iraq war was a big mistake, let alone second one. We should have let Saddam keep Kuwait and even given him the green light to take Saudi Arabia. All we needed to do was cut a deal with him to keep the oil flowing. We should have then encouraged him to restart his war with Iran and also open up a new front against Syria, and then we should have just kept him supplied with whatever weapons he needed.

You know what the outcome of all this would have been ? Well 9/11 wouldn't happened for a start. The Saudi Holy Warriors would have been too busy fighting their iraqi occupiers to bother with us. Same thing with the Syrians. The Iranians too would have had their hands full. Notice during their 10 year war with Iraq, we never heard a peep out of them ?

Yeah, the first Gulf War was a big mistake, no question. George Bush senior should have stayed out of it and cut a deal. The world today would have been a much better place.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  15. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

An interesting point of view...but it could then have got a lot worse in this alternate history....

1. Saddam's Iraq controls 70% of the worlds Oil production and hence its pricing.

2. You have a greater Muslim Federation by default with all the excesses they are capable of doing...

3. So Iraq knocks off the El Quaeda, the wahhabists in Saudi Arabia, and the Iranian Fundalmentalists also. Then you end up with Iraqi sponsored insurgecy in Afghanistan, Turkey, Pakistan, Egpyt....with even India possibly falling under there sway.

4. Before you know it you have a despot controlling the worlds oil and the southern half of Asia...:twisted:

Hopefully this will all burn itself out over a few years and we will have a peaceful Islamic federation in that region.

An interesting article "Blood Borders" written by a renowned military thinker, Ralph Peters, discusses the re-allocation of borders in the ME to address the ongoing conflicts is here.....

http://www.armedforcesjournal.com/2006/06/1833899

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff
  16. stuPeas

stuPeas Megabyte Poster

This is an "off topic" forum. Not agreeing with someones point of view is not a reason to question the mere existence of the post.

Certifications: C&G Electronic, CIW Associate (v5).
    WIP: CIW (Website Design Manager)
  17. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Nicely sponsored by the rest of the world having to buy oil.:blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  18. Amine

Amine Byte Poster

How about living in peace and harmony ?:eek: :rolleyes:

WIP: Exchange
  19. Headache

Headache Gigabyte Poster

Forget India. Too big, too far away, too populous, too powerful, nuclear power.

Forget Turkey. Nato member, U.S bases. Anyways the only insurgency the Turks are fiighting currently is the Kurdish insurgency and Saddam hated the Kurds even more than the Turks do. More likely Turkey and Iraq would have formed an alliance to wipe out Kurdistan.

Egypt ? Well, there's already an active terrorist insurgency on going in Eqypt, or haven't you noticed ? Anyway, depose Mubarak and replace him with Saddam and you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

Pakistan ? (laughs) That country is a already a hotbed of fundermentalism. There's plenty of insurgent activity ongoing, tribal strife, Sunni on Shia violence, terrorism. Whole border provinces are beyond governmental control. The ISI (pakistani intelligence) is riddled with Al Qaida sympathisers. Musharaf is barely holding on. The next assasination attempt (and there have been several already) will probably finish him off.

Afghanistan ? (big laughter) Again what's new ? The Russians invaded and there was an insurgency then. The Russians left and the insurgency degenerated into civil war. Then the Taliban took over and waged a civil war against the Northern Alliance. Then the U.S invaded and kicked out the Taliban. So now what's changed, really ? Essentially, nothing. The country is still a hotbed of fundermentalism and tribal violence. Cross-border insurgency is rife. Nato is only managing to keep a lid on things.

Conclusion ?

I still believe that we should have cut a deal with Saddam. Cruel, power hungry, imperialistic despot he may have been. But he certainly wasn't a fundermentalist. We should have cut a deal, handed him the keys to Caliphate and then sat back and let him sort out the middle east.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  20. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Admiittedly a very good series of arguments from someone who really understand the issues....and unfortunately you may yet be right!

Headache - What did you think of the Ralph Peters scenario??

The long way home perhaps??

Looks like we solved the ME issues in a tech forum...:)

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff