1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone have Hyperoptic? (FTTP)

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by rocdamike, Oct 18, 2016.

1. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

Was just wondering whether any of you guys have Hyperoptic? (this is a company that offers fibre to the premises broadband - https://www.hyperoptic.com)

My new build flat which I am hoping to move into next year is going to be capable of having Hyperoptic which means I could get 1Gb/s upload/download.

Was just wondering whether it was worth getting.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCENT, F5 101 Application Delivery Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation (2011), CompTIA (A+, Network+), MTA (Windows OS, Networking, HTML5)
    WIP: CCNA Security
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

They offer 1gbps in my place, but i decided against it because i just wouldn't utilize that amount of bandwidth.

I did also wonder whether or not ISP's would even upload content to connecting clients at that sort of speed, i'd be surprised if they did!

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
  3. rocdamike

rocdamike Byte Poster Gold Member

To be honest, I think you'd have to try exceptionally hard to consume that level of bandwidth so I agree with you there. Practically, I know I don't need it, but I am tempted at the offer they have currently going on - 1Gb/s on 1 year contract for first 9 months @ £15/month. If this offer is still there when I move, I think I may just take it out for the first year and then downgrade the speed to 100Mb/s.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCENT, F5 101 Application Delivery Fundamentals, ITIL Foundation (2011), CompTIA (A+, Network+), MTA (Windows OS, Networking, HTML5)
    WIP: CCNA Security