Do I have the skillset to apply for this job?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by SiberianKhatru, May 19, 2014.

1. SiberianKhatru

SiberianKhatru Bit Poster

These ones rarely crop up and it seems like the entry level to entry level:

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJob.aspx?JobID=6440451

I'm 28, but new to IT. Started A+ earlier this year and nearly done (slow progress because I work nights and get hellishly low amount of sleep), just built my own high end PC (with liquid cooling, RAID configured HDDs, etc), and I'm even starting to dabble in computer science. Obviously I have a long way to go and am stuck at n00b level at the minute, but that seems to be all that's required for this job.

Any advice?

WIP: A+
  2. Cunningfox

Cunningfox Byte Poster

Based on what you've said here, yes apply. Apply now. It looks like a classic entry level helpdesk job. Go for it and good luck :).

Certifications: CCNP, CCNA, MCP
    WIP: ??
  3. SiberianKhatru

SiberianKhatru Bit Poster

Thanks for the reply, Cunningfox. I've been ill lately so sorry for only relying now.

Sadly, in my excitement I overlooked that the job was located too far from me :( but it's good to know the sorts of jobs I can apply for now.

WIP: A+
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Good luck with the job hunting and remember, nothing ventured nothing gained.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I have moved countries to get a job in the past, nothing is really too far away if you really want it.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

not practical for most people though, especially those with kids, I know I couldn't do it.. wish I could though, If I didn't have kids I'd probably be sailing the Caribbean living a similar life to Jack Sparrow, meeting different women every night and breaking hearts.

7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Have you heard anything back?

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security