Distribution list and outlook 2003 security patch

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by Nelix, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Hi All

I have a question, not really exam related though.

I have 2 users that, when they try to send ANY emails they get a warning telling them that a program is trying to send an email, do you want to allow it, along with the option of how long you want to allow this program access to outlook. after a little digging around on the net I am led to believe that this is due to these machines having had an outlook security patch applied and that this cannot be removed, however I have found a couple of applications that allow you to kind of by pass this requester box. This is not a problem, the problem is that one of the machines has also aquired another problem in outlook 2003 in that when you try to create a distribution list in the local address book, the list is created however when you try and send a message outlook reports that it cant match teh "To" address. I can create the distribution list on my machine and it work fine, I have sent the distribution list to the user having the problem as a v card but when they try to send an email the same problem occurs.

Anyone got any ideas????

Thanks

Derek

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

That is really strange Derek. I am running Office 2003 and since last week when I installed WSUS, it is patched to the hilt with every conceivable office update. Outlook is not exhibiting this behaviour for me :blink

I am using Exchange though, is this a stand alone email client?

Bump!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

Thanks Bluerinse

This is not a stand alone email client, it's using exchange aswell. can you (or anyone else) think of why one person can create and use distribution lists while another user can't, I say can't, they can create one but when they use it it does not recognise it.

Cheers

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291, 74-409, 70-410, 70-411, 70-337, 70-347
    WIP: 70-346
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

having a wild guess, i even dont know what a WSUS, but how about access rights and priveledges?