Display Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jackd, May 9, 2006.

1. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

On my laptop the display has a big white lines on it from ¾ of the way down the screen to the bottom. It is possible to see that part of the screen. The only way to stop it is to keep the sides of the screen pushed in. Anyone know why my laptop is doing this

2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Either the screen is failing, or the connections to the screen are not makeing properly. Sometimes this can be the result of a severe mechanical shock to the unit.

If reseating the screen connections doesn't cure it this usualy means a new screen, which can be expensive.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

It seems now just to be doing it when i move the screen. Then it stays on for about five minutes then goes. But when i move the monitor it starts all over again

4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

simply - dont move the monitor!

5. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

thats what i was thinking! but still should i take it apart and check connections to the monitor?

6. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Ive rebooted my computer and now im suspecting its something to do with windows. Because on any of the bios screens or anything there is no white lines. Any Ideas ?

Jack

7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

uninstall graphics card in windows and re boot.

8. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

BIOS screens are much lower res than normal windows. It *might* be a driver prob, but every time I've seen similar it has been the screen.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

A driver issue would *not* cause this symptom. This smacks of a poor connection!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)