Disk consistency

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SolidSponge, Feb 14, 2007.

1. SolidSponge

SolidSponge Bit Poster

Hey guys

I've recently partitioned my drive with Partition Magic 8 and now every time I boot up I get Windows telling me it needs to check the D drive for consistency! Dunno why as when it checks it comes back with no errors!?

Any ideas anyone?

Certifications: A+, MCP (70-270)
    WIP: 70-290
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Not sure if this is the same thing. But your drive maybe "dirty".

-----------------------------------------------
    Possible 7 ways to solve this problem...

1. Run: chkdsk /f - Permanent Solution. The ''dirty bit'' is set on this partition.
    2. Defrag the Partition!
    3. Bad Sectors? Run HD Disk Manufacturer's Disk Utilities.
    4. Running ''Crypkey Service'', ''Crypkey License,'' and ''NetworkX'' driver? They lock the system drive. Disable, run chkdsk /f then re-enable Services. A software licensing service.
    5. Using an outdated Kensington Mouse driver? Don't! Check with Kensington for an Updated Driver.
    6. When all else fails... Do a clean installation of Windows. Install in a separate directory and reboot to that installation. This should allow chkdsk /f to run and clear the dirty bit.
    7. HD Imaging problems? Reset chkdsk bit before restoring an image = chkdsk /f / r
    -----------------------------------------------

Judging by the info you've already given, I suggest you try number 7 first of all - run the chkdsk /f /r at the command prompt, then restart and see if it happens again.

See here for more info.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. SolidSponge

SolidSponge Bit Poster

You know, I thought I'd already tried that. The chkdsk /f command. Just done it now and it's worked.
    I'm sure I tired it, honestly :blink

Oh well, thanks anyway :D

Certifications: A+, MCP (70-270)
    WIP: 70-290