Discount vouchers for A+ and Network+

Discussion in 'A+' started by Karismah, May 16, 2008.

1. Karismah

Karismah Bit Poster

Hi guys,

Am planning on taking the A+ exams soon, and the Network+ soon after that. Where is a good place to look for discounted exam vouchers as opposed to paying almost £400 for the exams?

Thank you in advance.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+, Network+
  2. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

From what ive seen, in the UK there is only one place that sells discount vouchers (for A+ anyway, not checked for network+) and they will save you £4 a test which hardly seems worth the effort to me

WIP: A+
  3. Karismah

Karismah Bit Poster

Hi there,

Would it be that much of a hassle to get hold of one of those vouchers? If it's as easy as just purchasing it, then I wouldn't mind, that's a saving of £8, and the way I see it, it's better than nothing.

If possible, please give me details of this place. I'd be really grateful. Thanks.

4. Karismah

Karismah Bit Poster

Oh, just thought I'd add something regarding the exam prices and vouchers.

You can do the exam in two places in this country (UK).
    • Pearson VUE
    • Prometric
    The cost of each A+ exam is officially £111. Thats £222 for two exams.

If you do the exam in VUE, you pay £111 PLUS tax, equating to £130.43 each. Thats £260.86 for two exams.

If you do the exam in Prometric, you pay £111 (but no tax), thus equivalent to the official prices (£222 for two exams).

If you buy the vouchers, you pay £107 each, totalling £214 for two exams.

Thats a savings of £8 if you go to Prometric and a savings of £46.86 if you go to VUE.

I think that's well worth the effort. Especially if there are no Prometric test centres in your area and you're stuck with VUE.

If you're going to do the tests soon too, try to get hold of these vouchers. Either way you don't lose a dime, and make some sort of savings. They may stop the promotion soon. I'm going to get a hold of them as soon as my bank balance allows me!

I know it seems like I'm answering my own question here, but when I originally posted, I had no clue, and after you replied, it spurred me on to look deeper, and I found out a thing or two. It's thanks to you. Cheers pal! :)

5. Karismah

Karismah Bit Poster

PS: I'm left clueless as to why VUE charge taxes and Prometric doesn't. Not that I'm complaining... :D

6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You can buy discount vouchers from www.gracetechsolutions.com make sure you buy international vouchers. The vouchers take of the vat with a little extra, so each A+ exam cost £107

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Karismah

Karismah Bit Poster

Completely forgot. I knew I was forgetting something! :blink

Two very important pieces of detail: Where: gracetechsolutions.com. What: International vouchers (NOT! USA/CANADA versions!)

8. greenbrucelee

9. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

I didnt go far enough to see the tax bit, i can use the same test centre for prometric or vue aparently, i havent got in as far as full prices on prometric because i havent registered but it says the price doesnt include any applicable tax, im guessing they dont apply any.

Maybe the vouchers are the way to go

WIP: A+
  10. greenbrucelee

You used to be able to get UK vouchers but they have been discontinued so you have to buy international vouchers which work for both pearson vue and prometrice.

You have to pay VAT if you purchase the exams directly, so its best to get 2 vouchers for the A+

11. Karismah

Karismah Bit Poster

Yes. No doubt in my mind, I'm definitely going for the voucher route. Either way I save something. Anyone know if there is a chance these vouchers could become discontinued anytime soon and therefore safer to purchase them now rather than later?

12. greenbrucelee

NO they won't be discontinued. This is a US firm were people are allowed discounts and things are fair, its only UK vouchers that were discontinued because we live in rip off Britain. That is why you have to buy international vouchers.

If compTIA etc had it their way you would pay full price all the time.

13. Karismah

Karismah Bit Poster

Thank you for all your help everyone. It was all very helpful.

14. ezzzy

ezzzy Bit Poster

No Prometric International A+ Vouchers available at this moment, thats what it say on the http://www.gracetechsolutions.com/ site correct me if i am wrong, so it looks like vue only with the voucher.

I am looking to book mine soon.

WIP: Comptia A+
  15. Karismah

Karismah Bit Poster

That's okay. Whichever testing centre it is, you still save money by getting an international voucher. The voucher costs £107 either way, and as long as you get it, you save £4 off the official cost, and quite a bit more if you were to pay tax at VUE. The voucher eliminates the need to pay any tax on top at all, because £107 is the total cost for each exam, and nothing more on top at all.

International vouchers are the way to go.

Good luck with your exams!