Disappoint on the review of the new Star Trek movie

Discussion in 'Just for Laughs' started by Kitkatninja, May 6, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Disappoint on the review of the new Star Trek movie :x

If you're like me and a trekkie (without the fancy gear), you'd be waiting in anticipation for the release of the new Star Trek movie.

A serious news report, by Onion News, has uncovered how un-trek like this movie really is. Join with me in protest, after watching the report, the only saving grace are the extras that are earmarked for the DVD release!!!

See the news report here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I am going to watch it on Friday :blink:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

The Onion can be so funny at times.

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  4. Kitkatninja

Curse you GBL, I'm planning to watch it soon :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. greenbrucelee

I'll let you know if it's any good :)

6. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

I got my tickets booked for tomorrow.

TBH lol I did look at that onion bashing.

I think it will turn out to be a good, actiony, fast paced film but will it be proper trek..Kinda not. rotten tomatoes has generally gived it pretty good review.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  7. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

When I see what Onion did with (and to) that 12 year old spelling bee winner, which was rude to say the least, I tend not to believe those interviews by them.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  8. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

8:15pm on Friday for me! Can't wait! :biggrin

9. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I'm currently in New York with my wife and just read the mail USA Today and it was given a rating of three oout of four so think it should be good:). We'd probably see this in the theater today or at the lastest Saturday and I'd let you all know my views.

I hope the weather in the UK, especially London is better as it's over cast here in NYC and forecast for rain but still enjoying it though:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  10. greenbrucelee

I can confirm that star trek is a really good film, the story line is good and lays way for another series of films. It's a must see even if your not a trekkie it's made in such a way that it will convert people from thinking Star Trek is geeky to thinking it's good and it will also gain new fans who have never even heard or seen Star Trek.

But that's just my opinion Go see it :)

11. GrumbleDook

GrumbleDook Byte Poster

If you fancy meeting up to watch it then let me know.

12. Kitkatninja

Was expecting you to say that, a sequel has already been planned...

Trying to organise a group, need to get organised first though :)

-Ken

13. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Good film, Simon Pegg deserved a bigger role, but otherwise enjoyable :)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  14. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

I went to see the movie yesterday. I'm not a trekkie. Back in the old days Star Wars did it for me, not Star Trek. But lately I've been reviewing the old star trek movies and some of them are actually quite entertaining and well written. So I had to see this one. I can assure you it makes every star wars fans embaraced of the latest chapters cause this one reboots the overall storyline in a geeky (oh well...) but clever and sexy way. Everyone in this movie is goodlooking and witty. I'm in love with the new Uhura...she's HOT...she makes me whish i had pointy ears...(you'll get the joke once you've seen the movie). So in these hard days of loneliness and unemployment (at least in my case...) it's these kind of moments that puts you in a good mood. Absolutely recomendable!

Certifications: MCDST
  15. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I have seen the movie and can say it's action packed and worth watching. I'd give it a 4/5 rating:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell