1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Director of IT, CITP Desirable

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by wagnerk, Sep 27, 2010.

1. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi All,

Came across this job: Director of IT.

For £70k I would have gone for it (reading the job spec it would be the next level that I would go for) however it's further than I want to travel (currently), especially since I have a young child.

Anyway, the main reason for posting it here, is that it actually states under person specification:

• MBCS, working to/holding CITP would be desirable

The CITP is starting to make it's mark for higher level positions :)

-Ken

Certifications: CITP, PGDip, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: MSc in Tech Management
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator

Top Poster
    of the Month

Would you not go for it Kendle? Saying that, 70k might be too much of a drop... :D Will members be able to vote or is it just like applying for any other job?

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

If it was more local, I would have (not saying that I'd get it though). While I want to progress up the career ladder, I'm balancing it between my family. I don't want to get into the routine of only seeing my son on the weekends...

I wish :)

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGDip, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: MSc in Tech Management