1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

difficult question

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by demarrer, Mar 23, 2008.

1. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

Hi,

Does anyone know what is equivalent to a BAC 2+ in I.T in france?? for example is Comptia A+/network + an equivalent level to a BAC 2+ in I.T?

ANY help would be helpfull :)

cheers

Certifications: A+, Security +, CCNA, CCSA
    WIP: music, (dreaming of) CCIE Security :D
  2. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

The Bac or the baccalauréat as otherwise known is the equivalent of the UK's A Level's and sit's on level 3 of the NQF.

Now in the eye's of the NQF in the UK, the Comptia A+ sits at level 2 of the NQF, while the Comptia Network+ & Security+ sits at level 3.

However whether or not France see's it that way or accepts it in that contexts is another story. The best place/people to confirm this is France's Department of Education (or whatever they have out there) or the employer/company that you want to apply to.

-Ken

First ref

p.s. my previous post on professional certifications mapping to the NQF in the UK

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  3. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

Ken,

cheers very much for the information about the bac in France. I know what you mean about convincing but I will give it my best shot.

Thanks again and thanks for the wiki article.

H

Certifications: A+, Security +, CCNA, CCSA
    WIP: music, (dreaming of) CCIE Security :D