difficult interview question

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by searchformeaning, Sep 12, 2012.

1. searchformeaning

searchformeaning Bit Poster

One of the interview questions they ask is "tell us about a challenging situation you had and how you solved it?" I really don't have a special situation to tell as I don't have much experience. Would you tell me example about AD problem you faced and how you began to think about it until it's solved. Maybe I think or remember something I have faced that's similar.

Thanks for your help

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP
  2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Ask them if it's purely technical related or if you can answer with some social situations.

Depending on the kind of role you're going for this can be technical, social, managerial or budgetry, just think of some previous issues you have experienced and explain how you resolved it. What they are looking for are your troubleshooting skills, whether you think logically or can think outside the box.

The more senior you get the more that people want people who can think on their feet rather than rely on a script.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. searchformeaning

searchformeaning Bit Poster

It was mainly technical. I could not recall any special situation I faced as I don't have much experience. That's why I asked here maybe any kind of problems will make me recall any situation.

They ask another question about social problems. Like, did you have any problems with your team members? and how did you manage it? I hope to find sample answers to such questions because they are tricky and it made me appear as uncertain and hesitated.

Certifications: A+, Security+, MCP
  4. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Hi searchformeaning,
    This site has some useful interview question stuff on it.:)
    HTH

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA