didee

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by didee, Dec 14, 2005.

1. didee

didee Guest

hi y'all read comments on scheiddger ciw course, very confusing wether to go for it or sit on it. Any positive ideas dont wanna waste time but need loads of money.

2. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

hi didee and welcome to the fforums!

haven't been with them myself but the best advice i can give is don't rush into it whatever the salesman says.

try to talk to previous students , or ask to walk around their area of training, etc.

good luck!

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I have no direct experience with them but I'm sure if you do a search for their name here on our forum, you'll find numerous threads referencing that provider.

Bottom line is that you are in charge of whether or not to sign with them. I know that salespeople have a job to do and can be very determined to sign students, but nothing bad will happen to you if you tell them you need time to think about it.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi didee - I see you haven't verified your account following signing up with CF. If you're having any problems, just let myself or any other Staff Member know and we'll try and help :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

You have answered you own question didee.

Do not sign up or pay monies up front to any organisation until you are 100% sure of what you are letting yourself in for, so sit on it!!

Take the words of salesman with a liberal pinch of salt.

And also give a lot of consideration to the cheaper option of self study.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  7. Aureilius

Aureilius Byte Poster

Hi didee.

I think that with any salesman who visits your home, you are already on the backfoot on this.

You invited them in, which implictly gives them 'guest' status in your home, & no host wishes to be rude to, or offend their guests. It's a very common sales practice, which I imagine is why these vendors insist on a home visit. It gives them the means to bully, badger or guilt trip you into buying a product you would never have thought of buying were you to visit their offices & come & go at your own volition.

Remember that they are NOT guests, try not to be too gracious a host, but conduct it as a place of business.

Not sure about said provider, but salesmen use any trick in the book to sell you their products. 'Guest' pressure being one of
    them.

Don't be pressured, grab the info & tell them you will consider it in your own time. However inconvienienced they pretend to be.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+