Diablo 3 a week in

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Theprof, May 21, 2012.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

So, I ended up getting Diablo 3 on Saturday and just got to Act II with my Level 15 Barbarian. I am really enjoying the game, find myself a little addicted too. I haven't played much of Diablo 1 or 2 but I really like this game. How's everyone else enjoying it?

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I'm lovin' it :)

A level 23 wizard, currently in Act 2 (not sure how far into act 2 i am - even though I got the guide :) ).

Reminds me of my youth, playing D1 and D2 and can't wait to play Nightmare mode.

However hated Sunday with the "issues" with the EU servers, funny how it didn't affect the US servers.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I had issues on Sunday as well actually and I play on the US servers..

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
  4. Kitkatninja

Yeah, didn't realise that until the evening, only got to play 1/2 hour.

Now level 25 at the end of Act two (finding the Boss hard to beat, will have to re-gig my armour, magic, etc...)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Barring the disaster of a launch week, I've really enjoyed it. Took Tuesday off to play with a mate, and we've been co-oping on and off the whole week. Currently level 44 (Maybe 45 actually) Monk, just completed act 2 in Nightmare.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  6. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Started playing the other day, but my on-board GFX was not good enough; HD 4200. Stupid thing is, I sold my 5770 the other day and that would of played it fine! So I have brought a 6670 for £43.99 and it should be here today!

I will be playing as the Monk I think, looks good :)

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  7. ibrator

ibrator New Member

Hi Guy's

My monk is lvl 41 currently and just started on act 3 on nightmare. What a brilliant game.

8. Kitkatninja

Have now finished "normal" mode with my Wizard - level 31 and just started nightmare.

I have to say that based on my character at the time, the end bosses at the end of act 1, 3 and 4 (Diablo and his shadow) were easy-ish. However the end boss at the end of Act 2, so far has been the hardest (died 4 or 5 times, Modey helped me out thought in the end - thanks).

Well, now going to see how hard the monsters are here - so far the zombies are already alot harder to kill...

Modey likes this.
  9. Fergal1982

I've got to 54, on nightmare at the moment. some of the Champions are crazy. In nightmare, they have 2 abilities, in hell they have three! It's mental, some of them are easy, but there are some crazy hard combinations.

Once you get past normal, the best loot is found on the champions, rather than the bosses. In fact the bosses seem far easier than some of the champions.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  10. Fergal1982

On hell, even...

11. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

only got to lvl 25 on the barbarian on act 2.. haven't played much last few days... A friend of mine got to inferno and says its almost impossible..

12. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

Got to level 17 on Monk on Normal mode after a few hours of playing. It seems far too repetitive too me. I have already wasted enough hours with RuneScape many moons ago. I wish I didn't buy it now, nor upgrade my GFX card - C'est la vie!

I heard they were doing a 30-day refund on Digital Purchases, anybody heard this?

Certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, MCSA: Office 365,, 70-410, 70-680
    WIP: CompTIA: Security+
  13. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Really enjoying D3 so far. Started off with a monk who started to get his ass kicked in Nightmare, so I decided to start again with a Barbarian which I am enjoying more and am now into act 2 Nightmare.

My main tip is use the auction house to buy your gear as you can get some insanely good gear sometimes for almost nothing. Don't bother with jewel crafting at all as it's more expensive to craft them together than is is to buy much much better ones from the AH.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
    wagnerk likes this.
  14. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I just got to Act 3 with a barbarian... I like that class the most... I did find that Belial was an easy fight, beat him first shot...