DFS Replication

Discussion in 'Software' started by BrizoH, Jan 11, 2008.

1. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

We're having some strange replication issues with DFS, I wondered if anyone had experienced anything similar?

We're using DFS to replicate content for our load balanced web servers. Our developers in India upload files and documents via ftp to the DFS share but for some reason these files do not replicate.

If I log on to the server and manually create a file in the same directory it replicates immediately.

There are no event log errors and according to Ultrasound everything is fine. The only thing we can think of is the time difference - India are 5.5 hours ahead of the UK, and as a result the last modified time on the file is ahead of the server time.

Does anyone know if this would affect replication?

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

No, it shouldnt affect things. As I recall the modified times are set according to the local time (ie, the time on the server when the file is uploaded to it), not the time on the pc doing the uploading.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

Thanks for the quick reply Fergal - on the server itself the last modified time is showing as the time it was modified in India (i.e ahead of the servers current time)

I guess as a test we can try to modify and upload from the UK to see if that works

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP