Deus Ex: Human Revolution - console vs pc

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Fergal1982, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

So, I've got a preorder for DE on both the PC and xbox, so I can decide on the day which I want. The only issue, is that I can't decide. Apparently it's been properly coded for PC, and isn't just a plain port. So the choices are:PC - smaller screen, no surround, better graphics cardXbox - big tv, SS, comfy sofa. What are your thoughts on which to pick when a game is available on both, or which are you planning on getting?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Fergal1982

Damn mobile style/browser. Screwed up all my White space...

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

PC Gamer all the way here, I own both a PS3 and Wii yet I spend more time gaming on my PC than I do on both of the consoles combined. The Wii is more for my son and the PS3 is my media server for the big screen in the lounge.

If a game is done right (not just a port) then the PC version will always be better because of the lack of restrictions based on hardware, the better gear you have generally means you will have a prettier game and better game play.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Personally if they do a proper job on the PC version then I tend to go PC all the way for these types of games. I own all the consoles and a PC and just like PC's better. Really hope this one is like the first and not the second.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I don't doubt that a PC has superior performance, but after sitting in front of one all week in work...
    The weekend is for crashing on the sofa without a keyboard in sight.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
    Arroryn likes this.
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Honestly, for me, its both, there are some games that I play on the console and some games that I play on the PC. Most of my friends have consoles and not much of PC gamers so I tend to play a lot of multiplayer games on my Xbox 360.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. Seraph

Seraph New Member

The game looks awesome on my wife's Mac. Amazing. I have a PS3 and prefer games on that. But it's clear the PC is superior depending on your set up.

WIP: A+
  8. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

PC all the way. Im really enjoying the game

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  9. millsie

millsie Byte Poster

Just started it on xbox, looking good so far, probably the best first person for a while!

Like the mechanics and movement of the game, also got great atmosphere and loving the futuristic aspects and suspense of my stealth style of playing the game, once Ive done it that way will go all guns blazing style!

Yippee!:D

Certifications: N+, CCNA, MCDST
    WIP: CCNP route 642-902
  10. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I am loving it on the PC.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  11. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Wooh! remembered playing the first Deus Ex on PC I believe on Windows 98. Actually, have just found the disk and re-installed it on my XP Pro PC which is more beefy with CPU, RAM and GPU. I just hope I have the time to finish it this time round LOL:)

I do envy you guys though as you seem to have a lot of time to play games. I on the other hand am struggling:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Just wondering if anyone had got stuck into this yet?

I started the PS3 version last weekend and didn't put it down for two days.
    Let's hope it stays as good all the way through.

I loved the original version on PC, but never really got on with the second.

This one reminds me a lot more of Metal Gear Solid than it does Deus Ex, but that isn't a bad thing either...

13. Fergal1982

I've completed it twice now. Once as a bit sneaky, and once as a shooter (on Hard).

I will say that the boss fights punish you for being stealthy. Other than that it's great!

14. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Despite having played many other 'stealth' games, I really don't feel right unless I kill absolutely everything I see.
    I don't mind doing it quietly, but it's got to be done.
    It's kind of a Jack Reacher thing - kill them now and they won't be around to cause you grief later.

I must have a damaged personality.

Mind you, I have just experienced some pain after fighting my way through the police station - it was an accident - I was talking to a copper and pressed O and knocked him out. The others got really narked at that and it was quite a battle. Unfortunately it turned every woodentop in the world against me so I only lived about two seconds after walking out the door. Wasn't expecting that...

15. BrizoH

BrizoH Byte Poster

I'm just getting into it on the Xbox now - normally I suck at FPS type games but this is more my style (plus I like pretending I'm Case from Neuromancer :) )

Certifications: CCNA, CCNA Security
    WIP: CCNP