Desktop Wallpaper

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by flex22, Oct 26, 2003.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I've been wanting to Jazz up my desktop, so I looked around for a good site providing desktop wallpaper.

I ended up going for Digital Blasphemy.
    Here'a a link to the free section of the sitehttp://www.digitalblasphemy.com/dbgallery/

I ended up subscribing myself, it wasn't that much and the graphics are awesome.The free wallpaper is also excellent.

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Pretty cool, flex. But...if the graphics are free...what do you get when you pay to subscribe?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Well you only get so many for free, 10 I think.There's more choice of wallpaper when you subscribe and you get the latest ones as well as those from previous years.

There are plenty of wallpapers on the web which are free, so there's no reason why you'd have to pay, I just happened to like the site I mentioned, therefore a small fee didn't harm.

A great free wallpaper site is webshots
    http://www.webshots.com/samplers/

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Excellent Trip, thanks for the link I like to change the desktop often coz I usually get bored with the same one, so I reckon I'll be using some off that site.Impressive. :!:

6. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

I would be wary of using webshots - my colleagues and myself joined their email list to get the 'latest' wallpaper and screensavers only for all sorts of problems to follow which we were later informed were from some file associated with webshots. Not sure of the details but have avoided it ever since.

:eek:

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor