1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

deltree? or lack of it?

Discussion in 'A+' started by fastrhino, Dec 8, 2005.

1. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

i tried to create a directory in command line which i did succesfuly with sub directories as in the jedi\yoda example, only when i got back to my c:\> prompt and tried "deltree c:\jedi i got deltree is not recognised, etc i can use rd to delete the subdirectiry then again to delete the directory but for some reason deltree just results in a message.

WIP: A+
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Come on give us a clue fastrhino.

What OS are you using?

If it's W2K then it's not there anymore :cry: Not sure about XP but I doubt it.

You can do the same thing with RD, just add the switch /S and it will remove the directories and files. You can add /Q and it won't prompt you to say okay.

Use with caution :eek:

Example...

RD C:\pr0n /S /Q

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

sorry, i asumed you would know, what a dummy i am, i am having what girls call a blonde moment,,,ha ha

i am using xp pro, tried rd but it would not allow it as the directiry had files in it. will try your suggested switch.

thanks blue

rhino

4. fastrhino

fastrhino Nibble Poster

thank you bluerinse ,that worked a treat, i spent an hour and half in bed with my laptop trying figure it out last night,,,,i can get some sleep tonight :biggrin

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

No worries m8, hopefully you'll get a good nights sleep now :D

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)