Dell Service Technician CD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SimonD, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Hi Chaps,

Anyone happen to have an up to date copy of this? We have a copy at work that's great for older laptops but the newer ones don't work with it.

Essentially we are looking at getting rid of some of our laptops and we want to blank out the Service Tags on them, that's ok with the older laptops but some of the newer lower spec ones we have are proving difficult to change.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  2. premier martin

premier martin Bit Poster

Hi there
    I understand what you problem is I had the same difficulty as the new systems came out our old tag eraser never worked luckily we got an updated version but this only seemed to work with some of the system as the dell studio all in ones would not erase but the studio 545 would erase with no problems which version of tag eraser are you running and I can see if mine is newer?