Dell Photo 944 Printer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pablo1888, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Pablo1888

Pablo1888 Byte Poster

Hi guys

Haven't been on for a long time but I remembered where to come to get good advice.

The problem is that I have a customer who is telling me that when he turns his printer on, it makes a strange noise and when he tries to print, it makes a grinding noise. On the screen it says to close the lid on the printer but it's already closed.

I am paraphrasing what he has told me in an email so apoligies if it isn't too clear.

Certifications: MOUS Master, MCP 70-210, A+
    WIP: CCNA
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

This is not the sort of problem that can't really be fixed over the phone, you need to go there and open it up and have a look inside. It could be anything, a paperclip stuck in there, one of the gears stripped, part of a paper jam left behind. Noises are not something which can be fixed by pressing buttons on a printer or bashing away with a keyboard. You may need to call out the printer service company.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Having looked this printer up I'd suggest that the cost of any servicing may be higher than the cost of just buying a new one.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Such is the case with a lot of low cost printer nowadays. Sometimes it can be cheaper to buy a new printer rather than a new toner cartridge :eek:

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong