Dell mp2400 fault - vertical lines appearing on display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shadowwebs, Mar 25, 2013.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

Has anyone had this problem before, it's with a Dell MP2400 projector at work displaying vertical lines. I thought at first that it may be a cabling fault, so instead of re-wiring I have disconnected all cabling on the projector other than the power cable, yet still the vertical lines are displayed by the projector.

Oh and no it's not that the walls are stripey either :)

Any ideas as to what the cause may be?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Reseat the lamp or the lamp is on the way out?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. shadowwebs

I have posted on the Dell forum but up to this point there is still no response from them... and that was over a week ago.

On looking at other projector faults of the same issue, there is not much that says what the fix is, other than factory reset, which I have done and hasn't fixed it.

I shall be trying this afternoon to swap over the bulb with one that is known as good, the annoying thing about the projector though is that where the lines come down is just like there is an A4 sheet of lined paper on the bulb being projected, with the lines all being the same size, other than the top line which is double spaced like you would expect to see on an A4 lined sheet of paper... very annoying.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  4. shadowwebs

managed to fix it, I had time this afternoon to take the projector down from the ceiling to take a proper look, took the bulb out and put it back in, and is now working fine... must have been a loose connection somewhere, very odd. Pleased to have it working now though.

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Cool - done that a few times myself over the years :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs