Delegating Control

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by steveh2001, Jul 7, 2007.

1. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Hi guys

Hope this is the right section - ive been mucking around with server 2008 to try and replicate the setup we have at work. From what I understand its typical for the enterprise/sever admins (not me!) to have domain admin rights - and in order to let the lower helpdesk people administer create accounts/groups etc (me!) they use the delegate control function in AD to do this? (Please correct me if im wrong!)

Now i setup a few OU's to muck around with and wanted to delegate control to a normal user and it worked nicely - however im not sure where in AD to see my deligation and amend it if necessary?

I assume 2008 is similar to 2003 AD wise (although i hate the changes in the explorer views :twisted: )

Thanks for any help!

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?
  2. nicolinux

nicolinux Byte Poster

If is like win2k3 you can switch the view in advanced mode.
    You should be able to see the OU's security tab .

Certifications: mcse win2k3, mcts x4. mcitp enterprise admin
    WIP: 70-680
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. steveh2001

steveh2001 Byte Poster

Perfect - thanks guys! Should have known that really as we use the security tab on resource mailbox's etc

Cheers

Certifications: A+,N+,CommVault,MCSA/MCSE 2003,VCP 4.1.
    WIP: ?