Declined for Job but have been called back? Advise?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by jamin100, Mar 12, 2010.

1. jamin100

jamin100 Byte Poster

ok just a quick update.

As said on Friday they said they were interested in me joining them and that I would get a call on Manday to discuss salary etc....

Monday came and went without said call.

So I phone them today to find out whats going on and they have changed their minds apparently and they are going to pay an external support company . . . .

Am i bothered? A little - but the whole experiance really put me off them because they seemed so half soaked about the whole thing. Not even a call out of courtsy to say whats happening...

I'm fortunate enough to already be in a network manager's role which pays well. So I guess i'll just keep looking and really start to nuckle down and get some certifications under my belt!

Thanks for all the advice in this thread.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
    WIP: 70-680
  2. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

I agree that was wrong for them not to call you. Well you're still in a job so nothing really lost there. It sounds like they take the same thought about the recruitment process as they do about their network. Half baked :)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  3. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Well all the best and to be honest they didn't come across as a place where you could have progressed and loved to work. Cheerio and keep plugging away as something more promising would come along:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

That's too bad, it's their loss.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. jamin100

jamin100 Byte Poster

Thanks guys, yeh their loss - lol...

6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sounds like you might have dodged a bullet there. Probably wouldn't have been a good crew to work for, considering the wishy-washy way they handled the whole situation.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. jamin100

jamin100 Byte Poster

Yes I agree, I think I only wanted it because it would have looked better on a CV. I currently work in a Primary School and want to move into a secondary.. I have worked in a secondary previously but only as a IT Technician.

I'm looking more at network manager roles now.

8. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Nice...

As BM says I reckon you dodged the bullet in this case, anyone want to take bets that the outside support company they've decided to go with has quite a lot to do with their temporary network manager?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  9. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

haha

Does sound like it!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  10. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

*edit* nevermind, spoke too soon. Best of luck to the school.

Admin: feel free to delete one of these two posts... got some double post lovin' going on here :(

Last edited: Mar 19, 2010
    Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM