Decent WAPs

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by tklnrg, Apr 15, 2011.

1. tklnrg

tklnrg New Member

Ok, so I'm fairly new to IT and have been tasked with implementing a series of WAP's at various sites. Size varies from small 3-5 person satellite office to larger HQ with 50 to 100 people.

What would you guys recommend hardware-wise? I'd like something solid (metal), mountable, PoE, and stable. I have exactly 0 years experience implementing anything wireless, so any help would be appreciated. I guess management has faith in me? lol

WIP: MCTS 70-640
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

It would depend a lot upon what your budget is and also whether you want a managed solution (that you can centrally control and monitor) or a simple stand alone solution for each site.

If you are tight for money then the stand alone solution would definately be the cheaper option, however any issues would involve a visit to site to fix (assuming onsite staff have no technical skills).

3. sirkozz

sirkozz Bit Poster

Cisco 1131’s or Moto 5131’s unless you want a LW/controller solution, then include Aruba with Cisco and Moto.

Certifications: do expired ones count???
    WIP: CWNE/CCNA