Day 3 Report

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Lev Arris, Apr 30, 2008.

1. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Well started new job and ran into traffic on day one, luckily I arrived 2minutes early. The rest of the team were mainly late as we all come the same route.

The job is working for an IT company who provide outsourced support to some businesses.

I've been sitting in with the team and seen some AD in real world situation which was brilliant. Learnt loads about it while just sitting watching. Although on the flip side I hate to sit back and watch would much prefer to get amongst it.

I think there training plan is still being put together but I've had a tour around the company and everyone is really friendly (possibly as they can all whoop me at table footie). The place is amazing in how compact it is while doing so much. They have everything from 1st level to system architects in the same building :biggrin

I'm finding it hard to bite my tongue when I think I know a better route lol. I'm trying to show that I know about desktop support without being cocky which is very tricky.

The team use remote desktop a lot and tend to head onto servers and then remote control PCs to resolve most issues. They have some bespoke systems but most of calls I have listened to I think I could resolve with a bit of confidence.

Just chapping at the bit now to get into the job, learn more about AD and really hammer my 70-290 revision. This new job has really renewed my enthusiasm. Its amazing how drained and frustrated u can get at a job that u dont enjoy/dont feel provides opportunities and I'm glad I took the paycut to get this extra experience.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Nice one mate, glad things are working out. :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Good to know the paycut was worth it... :blink
    Seriously, it really is good to hear you're enjoying it.

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sounds great!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Good for you! :D

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

sounds like a good job. keep it up. :biggrin

7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

The job sounds like one you'd learn loads from and best wishes too:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell