Database Mirroring

Discussion in 'SQL Exams' started by guyver9114, Feb 26, 2007.

1. guyver9114

guyver9114 Bit Poster

Hi all, have any of you SQL guru's used Mirroring in SQL 2005 on a Workgroup not a Domain?

I am having a few issues

I have created certificates, new logon and users for each server, setup endpoints and granted the users connect privledges to the endpoint.

Am I missing anything as I am gong round the bend! Me company needs me to have this setup this week but aren't sending me on the course for another 8 weeks!!!

Many Thanks
    G

Certifications: MCSA: Messaging, MCT
    WIP: Nothing for a few months :)
  2. Crito

Crito Banned

Nope, but not sure why you'd have to use certificates. Windows-based NTLM authentication should still work in a workgroup mode (using local users/groups). You just won't be able to use Kerberos (because MS' implementation relies on AD.)

Would eliminate one layer of complexity for your troubleshooting anyway. If it works with NTLM then you can focus on the certificate side of things. If not, then maybe you didn't prep right: set full recovery model, backup/restore with norecovery option, copy system objects, create endpoint as TCP for database_mirroring, etc...

Certifications: A few
    WIP: none
  3. guyver9114

guyver9114 Bit Poster

Finally sorted it out the other day, the certificates was saying it was not valid yet, waited 1 hour after creating it and all ok! Loads of fun :9

Certifications: MCSA: Messaging, MCT
    WIP: Nothing for a few months :)