Database 'could be privately run'

Discussion in 'News' started by Kitkatninja, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Database 'could be privately run'

A planned communications database containing details of everybody's telephone calls, emails and internet use could be run by a private firm, according to reports.

The option to tender out the management of the controversial database will be included in a consultation paper to be published next month.

The database is designed to help police and the Security Service by ensuring they have access to vital communications information which may not by saved by telephone or internet providers.

Read the whole article here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. kevicho
      kevicho
      Gotta love our government, might as well chip us all now, assign us a number, tattoo it on our foreheads and be done with it.
    2. NightWalker
      NightWalker
      That will be the end of any privacy I had left as a British Citizen, hell I may as well send my bank account details to number 10 so they can have all my money too (what's left of my money after tax that is :rolleyes:).
    3. onoski
      onoski
      I have nothing to hide:)
    4. NightWalker
      NightWalker
      I don't have anything to hide either, but we all have the right to our privacy, to go about our business as we see fit as long as we do not break the law.
    5. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      They can look at my telephone calls, emails, and Internet use all day long, if they're interested in doing so... nothing exciting or controversial to see or hear, really. :)
    6. kevicho
      kevicho
      I think it is more along the lines of what they do with the data most people are concerned with.

We have already had a catalogue of lost data from this government, and having all my personal details stored in one (likely easily hackable) location, makes me worried for my privacy, and just ultimately who will be looking at, and potentially using my details.

I make sure I keep my data private, however I shouldnt have to my details at such risk of loss/theft in the hands of others.

Also what 3rd parties will be sold my details, again I dont benefit.