DATA recovery software (Is this off topic?)

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Spidey1978, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Spidey1978

Spidey1978 New Member

Morning folks,

Can anyone recommend any good data recovery software? I made the mistake of not backing up the hard drive on my laptop and it is down corrupted beyond belief, won’t even load up windows. I have an enclosure for 2.5” IDE drives that I can connect it to my desktop through USB but even on that I can’t access the hard drive. There’s nothing of vital importance on there but I would like to get at least some stuff back so if anyone knows of a good hard disk recovery program I’d much appreciate the info.

Thanks

JOE

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Provided the HDD is still ok, there are two programs that I've found useful:

1. GetbackNTFS (for the NTFS filesystem), however there is getbackFAT (for the FAT filesystem) &
    2. PC Inspector File recovery.

We managed to get data back even after deleting 2 partions, recreating a new partion (from the 2), formating the drive and installing Windows Server 2008 from GetbackNTFS.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi Joe,

I have 2 results with Spinrite.

Good luck.

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT