Data losses in Snow Leopard bug

Discussion in 'News' started by craigie, Oct 13, 2009.

1. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Data losses in Snow Leopard bug

Users of the new Apple operating system Snow Leopard are experiencing massive data losses when logging into their machines under a guest account.

The problem appears to affect those who had a guest account enabled before upgrading to Snow Leopard.

Users have in some cases lost their entire main profile, including sites, pictures, videos and documents.

The problem, reported by more than 100 users on discussion forums, surfaced shortly after the OS's August release.

The issue follows closely on the heels of vast data losses by the Sidekick handset in the US, whose software was designed by Microsoft subsidiary Danger.

Read More here

PS Thanks to GiddyG for the find!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Gingerdave
      Gingerdave
      I havent seen it yet, but I know one of the guys in our London office got caught with it..
    2. ThomasMc
    3. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      Ha ha ha ha ha!

:lol:
    4. Sparky
      Sparky
      Maybe it was a virus that caused it. :wink:
    5. Gingerdave
    6. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      But... but... but... how can that be? :ohmy Apple stuff just works!!! :blink Right? RIGHT?

:twisted:
    7. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      Could be worse.

Their laptops could have put on weight or the little glowing apple logo could have stopped working.

:rolleyes:
    8. Gingerdave
      Gingerdave
      I know - it shattered all my illusions.
      :cry:
      Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    9. simongrahamuk
      simongrahamuk
      You're Trolling Mr Boson.

I have my finger on the ban button! :banned

:tongue
    10. JonnyMX
      JonnyMX
      So am I!

Anyway, we're only picking on Mac users, and I wouldn't expect to find any of them on an IT forum.

:biggrin
      Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
    11. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      zing! and zing!

I'm having a tough time deciding which of these is the Post of the Day, but since it's the same author, I'll just rep one of them and be done with it. :biggrin
    12. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      You could give me another warning, if you like. :twisted:
    13. Shinigami
      Shinigami
      But but but, there's a TON of Mac certifications out there if the apple website is to be trusted :blink

(took a look once, and was baffled by the fact that it was an utter mess with bits and pieves missing, either the study material, the classes, the exams themselves or other... very bizarre).
    14. BosonJosh
      BosonJosh
      So, you guys are saying people in IT don't use Macs?

:rolleyes:
    15. Gingerdave
      Gingerdave
      Wait what am I then? (He typed on his snow leopard running mac) :blink
    16. BosonMichael
      BosonMichael
      No, not really. 8)
    17. zebulebu
      zebulebu
      Quick - save your work and log off...

No...

...Wait...