Dark Knight: Did playing 'Joker' Kill Heath Ledger?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by mickaveli2001, Sep 9, 2008.

1. mickaveli2001

mickaveli2001 Byte Poster

Thoughts? I thought he pulled off the role perfectly, but felt this has 'some' influence in his demons

Certifications: NC Communication/Computing
    WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I think he was just like most young movie stars, he partied too hard and paid the price. I still want to know why that Olsen girl wont say what happened in his room that night.

But yes he was perfect as the Joker.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I dont Think it did, he was already well underway with his next film project wbut was suffering from extreme insomnia and had many percriptions for such. As time went on he built a tollerance to the pills and had to take more and was starting to mix them, which is apprently what did for him.

I dont think there was anything sinister just a tragic death of a talented young actor.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  4. mickaveli2001

But the mental tranformation into such a role must have created some minor mental issues, even if temporary. He spent weeks alone just to master the role, and I think he engineered his mind a bit too much, and exhausted himself, but had created so much personailty and character within his own mind, that he had loads of info running through it, which initially kept him up, and requiring sleep aid

5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

There was an article somewhere that he did admit that it had affected him mentally because it was such a dark role.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. mickaveli2001

He must not have been too good of a full rounded actor - by that I mean being able to distant himself from his roles

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

You will probably find there are quite a few actors that find it difficult to distance themselves, everything only tends to come out once an actor has died.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009