Dangerous: Viewpoint Media Player!

Discussion in 'News' started by tripwire45, Apr 13, 2006.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Dangerous: Viewpoint Media Player!

As I turned on my computer today, McAfee gave me a nice little notice that "ViewMngr.exe" was trying to access the Internet. This not being my first encounter with Viewpoint, I knew to block the Hell out of it. Of course, I wondered "Where did I get such software?" I ran Ad-Aware, Spybot, and various Microsoft scanners... all that came up were tracking cookies. I thought "Maybe Viewpoint removed itself once it realized that I wasn't going to allow it get to the Internet." Sure enough, in the Program Files folder rested a little folder called "Viewpoint" which contained a thirteen megabyte "Viewpoint Media Player" and a half megabyte "Viewpoint Manager." The Return of the Media Player. This was my third dual with the demon. Instead of simply removing it, I wanted to know the cause - something that everyone should know and will by reading this article.

Find out the rest by clicking Here.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
porta2_tags:

Comments

1. Baba O'Riley
      Baba O'Riley
      If you read the posted comments on this, it seems this dude is panicing over nothing.