1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damn those Distractions

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by shadowwebs, Oct 2, 2012.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

As the title says, I keep on meaning to study and then find that a distraction jumps in front of me... arghhh

I know I am not going to be alone in this battle to focus, but how does everyone else resist the freedom of shooting zombies in order to study.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

I assume you've got RE6?

I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered from Amazon:x

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

It's Assassins Creed Brotherhood that's got me at the moment, need to finish that so that I can then finish Revelations ready for AC3! I really should study, but it never quite seems to work out that way! :(

Tonight though, tonight I hold out high hopes of getting some studying done. . . . . . . . . .

I'll let you know how many Romans i've killed in the morning! :D

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. BB88

BB88 Kilobyte Poster Gold Member

FIFA 13 takes up MANY precious study hours!

Certifications: AS Computing, A+, Network+, 70-680, 70-410
    WIP: MCSA: Server 2012
  5. parman05

parman05 Byte Poster

I figured out what's important to me. Plus I enjoy studying, anytime I can learn something new I dive right in. What I really think is distracting is my job. I waste 9 hours everyday :(

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCTS WIN7 (70-680), MCITP WIN7 (70-685), MCSA WIN7, Linux +,LPIC-1, Novell CLA 11, SUSE 11 Tech Spec, DC Tech Spec
    WIP: 70-640, 70-642, security +, CCNA
  6. shadowwebs

I couldn't agree more about the 9 hours wasted everyday...

I own an Xbox 360, and have been playing a lot of Red Dead Redemption lately, when I built a new PC earlier this year I purposely did not buy a new graphics card as I thought that if I do that then I face further distractions by going out and buying the latest games to play... instead when I do play games on the PC I found myself addicted to Plants vs Zombies (very basic game but highly addictive), or still at times playing Command & Conquer Generals / Zero Hour.

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  7. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Never really been a big game player.......but my god C&C generals/zero hour stole a good year or two of my life! Absolutely loved that game, had a couple of firends who also played and we used to play 3v3 all the. Can you still get a game online with it?

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. shadowwebs

yeah you can still play online if you have got a legit cd-key, i bought my copy legally years ago when it came out but i lost my booklet which contained the cd-key, so now i cannot play online.. boo

9. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

One word, iPad! I can't keep off mine its ridiculous! If I'm not spending money online I'm playing games on it. I feel like I haven't done a cert for decades. It's only been 6 months! That is all, Jim

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  10. andylad9

andylad9 Byte Poster

it's all about fifa 13 baby and online play ahhhh

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | 70-680 | 70-685 | MTA Server
    WIP: deciding now...
  11. BigG

BigG Nibble Poster

Try having kids.
    the amount of time that you have left at the end of the day after pleasing them and then having to *talk* to the wife means that you don't have much time left :). You certainly can't do both!
    I tend to study and do an exam. Have a rest (play a game for a bit) and then stick my head down again.
    I still haven't finished fallout 3 GOY edition yet and that originally hit the shelves in 2008!

G

Certifications: BSc, Prince2 Practitioner, MCSA Win7, MCSA 2008
    WIP: Vmware, ITILv3 on the back burner
  12. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

I purposly havent bought myself FIFA 13 atm to stop myself getting distracted lol

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
    BigG likes this.