Damn MS and its hotfixing processes

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fergal1982, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

I've been looking into the Directory Access program I posted here some more, trying to sort out the known issue with the Binary forms of some ACEs. investigation shows that its caused by the ACE entries actually being longer than expected (Here). That page shows that theres a hotfix which resolves the issue, but in order to get it, you need to contact MS support to ask for it.

Now, correct me if im wrong, but you cant actually get through to MS without paying a fee to them (Which might be refunded if they find it will resolve your problem).

I've found This Site, which seems to have the hotfix available for download. Does anyone know if this is reputable?

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yep, I have used it and found it to very good. It can be slow if new patches have just come out though.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada