DameWare NT Utilities

Discussion in 'Software' started by jackd, Nov 11, 2006.

1. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Ive got Dameware NT Utilities installed on my laptop but when i try to connect to a certain computer on the network i type in my User and Pass it just says access denied. This machine is XP Home with SP2.

2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Have you disabled the firewall on the PC you are connecting to?If it works after that find out which ports are required and configure the firewall to allow inbound connections for those ports only. 8)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Ill have a try again

4. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Nope still doesnt work with firewall turned off its nothing too do with the firewall i think because it connects to the computer but when i enter my user and password then it just says access is denied

5. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Jack

Have you tried changing the user authentication method?

See screenshot below (note - the location may be different depending on which version of DameWare you have)

[​IMG]

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  6. jackd

jackd Megabyte Poster

Yes i have but this is not just on the Remote Control bit its if i try to go into processes and everything. Also to let you know i can ping the computer.
    Heres some screenshots screenshots

[​IMG]