1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

daft question time

Discussion in 'Scripting & Programming' started by zxspectrum, Jun 14, 2006.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Ive just been chatting with a bloke from the uni i hope to be going into in september. One of the things he has said as part of my access course is that i will be doing stuff with VB.net. Now i know this is programming stuff so no worries there, i hope. I actually have a copy of something similar called visual web developer and would just like to know how close it is to VB.net if thats possible.

Thanks Eddie
    Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

im no programming expert even thou i did a fair bit.. but VB.Net is part of the visual studio and is basically visual basic on the .NET Platform. I found vb to be easy and its a very human like language and many uni's i looked at use it as a first programming language to build on. Im stuck with Java and not looking forward to it! Dont worry im sure you will find it fun! :biggrin
    Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

VB.NET often gets confused between the package (a cut-down version of Visual Studio) and the language, Visual Basic.NET.

I'm not sure which one you're referring to.
    Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD