Cycling - a dangerous sport?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by GiddyG, Sep 15, 2008.

1. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Could be dangerous if you suddenly need to scratch your left buttock with your rght hand though... :blink

2. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

True...but you could use one of these:-

[​IMG]

It says it's a Gentlemans ball scratcher...but I'm sure you could use it for scratching your buttocks with it!:p:twisted::biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Your hand would still be on the left... so at least they'd still think you're turning left... which is away from traffic :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. GiddyG

Gawd! You'd likely do yourself an injury with that! :eyecrazy

5. GiddyG

Ah, yes... but if I was travelling straight on, they may move in more quickly... :eek:

6. Armchair Pimp

Armchair Pimp Byte Poster

FWIW I think the lack of thought from motorists about cyclists is really just symptomatic of the lack of consideration most of the UK has for each other.. Unfortunately I have to ride a narrowish lane on my way to work.. unlit with no kerbing etc.. one of only two ways out from where I live to the rest of civilisation.. the other being a life in their hands trip across a major motorway turn off.. I've had my fair share of near misses and they've almost all.. without fail been because a driver has tried to steal a few seconds on his/her journey by forcing their way past.. only usually for me to catch them up 100 yards down the road where I'll generally point out the error of their ways.. without wanting to sound sexist I'm afraid that the ladies aeem to be the worse offendors.. (I should have guessed.. my other half can't stand cyclists on the road!).. this country makes no real provision for cyclists as they'd rather screw you for the tax revenue I'm afraid.. just another reason everyone should dig a hole in their back garden until they hit water and sink this ****-hole..

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL Found+Pract, A+
    WIP: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP
  7. Ambushed

Ambushed Nibble Poster

I ride a motorbike, I know its not the same but its similar.

I know what it feels like.

Certifications: MCTS, MCP, MCSA
    WIP: MSCD
  8. GiddyG

Well... this morning (I could be making this up, but I'm not), I was riding ahead of Al and Jools, and a woman with a load of kids at the side of the road just let one of her girls whizz across the road on her bike without looking either way. Then... she proceeded to step out without looking too! I was flipping gobsmacked! I jammed on my brakes... no time to ring the bell... and she turned in alarm. "Sorry love, I didn't think to look." 'Whaaat? Didn't think to look??? Lord help us...

Anyway, I have decided to move... spent this morning googling... apparently there's a little island called Bikeland, where the air is clean, the sky is always blue, you don't have to drink your own pee, and everyone earns at least 50k a year as first line IT support. Oh, and there's no politics, and only bikes are allowed. As i find out more, I'll let you know... 8)

9. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Uh... k :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  10. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I had something similiar yesterday.
    I was riding home, using the cycle lanes on the road when this girl just stepped off the pavement onto the cycle lane. She could see me coming down the cycle path, but didn't move!:rolleyes: Instead I had to swerve into traffic to avoid her:rolleyes::x I glared at her and she said "what are you looking at?":blink

I was going to sh*t for Brains" but in the end said nothing and carried on riding:dry

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  11. GiddyG

I used to be the same, when I was younger. I was too polite by half. Not because I was polite as a rule, rther that I didn't want to cause a rumpus.

As I get older, and I have seen how bloody minded people of all ages can be, I am far, far more outspoken. Besides, my wife loves me for it... 8)

Alex, on the other hand is like "Dad! Ssshhh! Stop making a scene!" :oops: