CV

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by greenbrucelee, May 16, 2007.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Applogies if this has been posted before.

I am still looking for my first proper IT job hopefully in support I want to make my cv show I have the knowledge and skill needed for such a role.

The problem is I dont really have any commercial experience. In my current job. I have to configure the computer system we use to accept PDF pages so that it splits the pages into four colours CYAN, MAGENTA, YELLOW and BLACK then output these pages as aluminum plates ready for the press.

I am required to configure the system to pair and quad pages together.

The system we use was running on sun solaris servers using a unix based GUI now its on NT servers using a GUI. I am required to know about mapping drives etc

I have upgraded and built computers in my own time but never in a commercial environment.

I have a HND, GNVQ, NVQ 1 & 2 in IT and am currently self studying for A+

Would any of my current job requirements look ok on my cv or is the fact that I dont really have any support experience stop me

Thanks for any advice in advance

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Pete01

Pete01 Kilobyte Poster

Of your current/previous experience how much of it is client facing?

Entry level stuff is more client facing than tech, focus on that and make it apparent that you can handle yourself around technology.

Certifications: MCP (NT4) CCNA
    WIP: 70-669, Learning MSI packaging
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Cheers Pete most of my work is on my own but I do have to deal with customers normally over the telephone and I do have appraisals from work that say customers have commended me on the help I have given them

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?