Cv suggestions...

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Patrulheiro, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Patrulheiro

Patrulheiro Bit Poster

Hello all

Im posting my CV and I would like some feedbacks about it. As you can see, it's been a while that I don't work in IT, so Im aiming for a 1st Line Tech Support kind of job, any job entrance basically!!! Im studying for the A+ cert, not quite sure if I should put this on it.. and if so, where could I write this?

Anyway... please feel free to comment anything about it, everything is more than welcome:biggrin

Many thanks in advance:thumbleft

Attached Files:

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

It looks a little cluttered.

Try to to list your skills in bullet points to make them stand out a bit, put that your currently studying for the A+ with other qualifcations

put your previous jobs last.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Unfortunately there is no right way of writing CV's. However from what i have learn't from IT agencies and some of the members here on CF. the way to approach it is to change the colours and font so easy to read and put a bit about what you did in each of the job roles.

You have to remember the person looking at your CV is probably looking at 100's of CV's per day and they want something that tells them what they want to know and is easy to read.

IMHO:-
    I would keep the profile but cut down the points on Pontis Group PLC – Supervisor, I would expand what work, job role you did in Sabesp – Junior IT Desktop Technical Support and Assistencia Tecnica Tucuruvi Ltda. - IT Technical Support (Trainee).8)

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

:hhhmmm just having a search through the archive on CF. there was one CV by MattWest...it was amazing. I tend to design my CV's towards Mattwest.

Anyway...

You could try Writing the Killer CV

General advice on writing your CV for IT Contractors

or

CV Suggestions......

or

The CV Centre

can't find Matt west CV maybe you could PM and ask him about how he did his CV or alternatively look at this thread by GreenBruceLee - My cv Opinions please

It raises some interesting points on how to write CV's:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I had to read it a couple of times to actually figure out you had some IT experience. To be honest if I was at work I wouldn’t have read it twice as when we advertise for any IT position we get loads of applications.

I think you need to try and get your opening profile section sorted out. Basically you need to show quickly that you have experience in IT and you are keen to get back into IT. Also add “currently working towards A+ certification” as well. This should highlight the IT material on your CV as at the moment it doesn’t seem to have any direction.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Maybe it’s the way it opened on my system, but it did look cluttered. The format doesn’t look good either. Remember, this is a tool to market you. Present it in a neat and concise format that invites the reader, not scare the audience away :eek:

7. Patrulheiro

Patrulheiro Bit Poster

Many thanks for all the feedbacks guys!!

It helped me a lot and I will work on it and put it back here again soon!!!

U guys are great!!

Cheers!:thumbleft

:iluvcf