CV question - Working & Business...

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by 5aq1b, Jul 16, 2007.

1. 5aq1b

5aq1b Bit Poster

Currently in full-time employment, plus also have a part/time business which i do on the side with a friend of mine, providing PC repairs/solutions in the local area.

The question i have is that should it be placed on my CV?

2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Why not?
    as long as its actually a business and not just something you operate out of the back of a van

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. 5aq1b

5aq1b Bit Poster

so how would i insert it on my cv?

I've attached my CV for you all to have a look at.

Attached Files:

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

List it the same way you would any other job.

Be advised that working two simultaneous jobs can sometimes be a bad thing in the eyes of a prospective employer. Sure, you're hard working, and you're building up experience... but what happens if I hire you, and you continue to work the part-time job? If I need you to work late, or be on call, you may be unable to do so because of your other work commitments. That's why some employers have "moonlighting rules" that discourage employees from picking up outside employment that could interfere with your primary job.

Not saying that it's definitely a bad thing to list... just saying that you should keep your eyes open to that possibility.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!