CV help

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by volume, Dec 6, 2009.

1. volume

volume Nibble Poster

Hey guys any change you can take a look at my CV and tell me what you think ?

Attached Files:

Certifications: 70-722, 70-721, 70-621
    WIP: 70-720, 790, 791
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Two things:

1. Proof read, proof read, proof read
    2. 2 pages, no more.

Your work experience section is a little wordy in my opinion, this is where you can stand to do some serious cutting back to get within that 2 page limit.

This sort of stuff doesn't need to be there, why you left a particular job isn't really of interest to me. The skills you learnt and used are.

The additional information portion is unnecessary, you've listed the course in your education. If I want to know exactly what you studied I'll ask you at interview.

All in all I'd say the whole thing needs to be punchier, you have about 10 seconds to make an impression, make the most of your time.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

To be honest mate, not good! If I got that CV I would not have read past the first page and I’m sure I’m not the only one that would do that. There are good things on your CV that you *need* to highlight.

Few points on your CV.
    - First page is poor, why have you listed all your standard grades?
    - The second page reads like a book, it needs to be quick and to the point.
    - Just my opinion but I would ditch the graphics at the top of the page , it looks naff!

Things you should highlight on your CV.
    - You have commercial experience working in IT.
    - You have IT certification.
    - You have worked as team leader and have worked in jobs that are customer facing – this is great for entry level IT jobs.

Some of the wording isn’t the best but I’m sure someone else will be able to help as Im p1sh (not good) at that kinda thing. :biggrin

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs