CV Formatting

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by SimonD, Jan 31, 2015.

1. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

I have seen a number of CV posts recently and since we moved to the new board I decided that I would put them back up again.

The reason for posting them is that over the last 15 years or so the format of each CV hasn't changed but in pretty much each case the CV was well received by the recruitment consultants.

Things to note is that the Simon Blank document was my older CV, used for more than 10 years in that format and was great for a long time, I would class this more for junior roles rather than senior ones. I moved to the format of Simon Blank 2 when I moved in to more senior roles, I should add that the content of these CV's haven't been updated for probably 4 years now, it doesn't contain my virtualisation or management roles but it's more to do with format than actual content.

Important things to remember when sending out CV's are to ensure you have read through them correctly and that you're happy with the content. Don't leave silly smelling pistakes in them and make sure you have the right information in there.

Going above 2 pages used to be frowned upon but the longer you have been in work the more you're going to have to write down, however the older a job, the less information you need about it.

Always make sure your most current role contains the most information, after all it's this role that usually get's you the next role, no point having loads of information about the oldest roles and virtually nothing about the more recent ones.

Attached Files:

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    fabianh likes this.
  2. Steevvy

Steevvy New Member

I use to stay with the same CV format for more than 10 years. I only update it regularily.

Certifications: CCNA, CCNP
    WIP: VCI
    fabianh and dictat like this.