1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CV Advise / Career

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jiser, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Hey all. Recently did a CV and would appreciate any advise. Please kill it if you want.

Also career advise. I am at a cross roads now. Recently reached 25, still living with parents in bournemouth area, no money, in debt - not happy where I am at all at the moment.

I have a degree which I graduated in 2008 including a placement year in i.t. support. Recently returned from an internship in a bank in new york for a year. I worked as a PMO analyst and also studied for a Post grad cert in business. Luckily my previous employer kept my job open for me in I.T. Support at a school, where I am earning a pittance, the working environment isn't great and there is no work to do.

So I have a few years I.T. support experiance and a year PMO work in a bank. I am stuck on what to do. To say I am having issues finding further career options is an understatement.

I am trying to get the motivation to do Prince at the moment which hopefully may add something further to the CV. View attachment certforums CV.doc

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
    Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.
  2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

View attachment certforums CV.doc

See attached CV mate. Added comments to it. You just need to put a little more care and effort into your CV. Right now it's a little lazy and rushed with not much in of any substance. Experience means **** all if all you put is "Managed Domain" and three key skills.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. livingwater

livingwater Bit Poster

I agree with Westernkings that there should be a 'Profile' at the top followed by 'Key Skills' (or 'Personal Profile' and 'Key IT skills' if you prefer).

Certifications: A+, N+
  4. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

one thing that stands out for me is that you change jobs on a very regular basis. some employers might not like this. might be worth mentioning if they are permanent, part-time, contract etc.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  5. Jiser

Jiser Kilobyte Poster

Ok thanks for your suggestions. Keep them coming if anybody has anymore?

I will make changes as suggested. It does seem like I change jobs frequently. However as you say two of the jobs were internships, one was part time and current one is school terms only.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), PGc, MCTS:Win 7, MCSA W7/MCITP EDST, ITIL Foundation, Prince 2 Foundation, C&G: Web Design, MOS 07: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook.