CV advice

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by welshwaynejack, Jan 19, 2011.

1. welshwaynejack

welshwaynejack Bit Poster

Hey there I was hoping someone could have a look at my cv and give me some pointers on what to improve or even what steps I should take next!

Thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
    Certifications: Bsc Computer and Information Systems
    WIP: Msc Computer Forensics
  2. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Does it not strike you odd how you literally only have Employment History and Educational History on your CV?

Sort the layout out, it's horrendous. Add a personal Profile in. get rid of interests, condense the employment history as a lot of it is irrelevant

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  3. welshwaynejack

cheers for the info mate, got the layout from targetjobs a professional careers website didnt realize it was that bad :oops: lol

thanks will start from scratch again

4. J.Hinds

J.Hinds Nibble Poster

You have only two sections to your CV and it covers 3 pages, see if you can condense that information so it fits in a MUCH smaller space. Add a personal profile and... actually I just had a second look most of the information is in there it's just not noticeable on first look, which says only one thing really! Sort out you layout and formatting asap.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCTS (Win 7)
    WIP: MCSA (Server)
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

The two side by side columns don't work - go for the more traditional layout of work experience followed by education. None of the points really stand out as they are, and I don't want to have to read a CV twice to read it once, if you know what I mean.

And don't use borders, white space is just as good at splitting things up, and it makes the CV look cleaner.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

The layout is horrible to read

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  7. welshwaynejack

Thanks again for the advice and sorry for the horrible layout. I took the whole template from a professional job advice site and didnt really realize how bad it was...Thanks for the advice will kill the boarder and try and condense everything down as well as add a few new sections cheers...

Out of curiosity how does everyone rate the british computer society certs? Was thinking about doing the Green IT one as it looks easy and should only take a month to revise for!....cheers again