1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTT+

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by The Zig, Nov 21, 2009.

1. The Zig

The Zig Kilobyte Poster

Anyone know much about this one?

There's not a forum for it. Is it a current cert? I see books on Amazon from 2003 & 2006. Also, a google on it brings up predominantly CompTIA pages and "Pass first time - guaranteed!!" pages and not much else.

While I expect the contents are valuable, going to the bottom line: from the perspective of getting work, is this a worthwhile use of time?* Has anyone actually heard of it? Or is it wise to stick to the big names (e.g. MS)?

* I do appreciate the value of learning - but I also have other real pressures. Need to use time optimally!

Certifications: A+; Network+; Security+, CTT+; MCDST; 4 x MTA (Networking, OS, Security & Server); MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Support; MCITP - Enterprise Desktop Administrator; MCITP - Server Administrator; MCSA - Server 2008; MCT; IOSH; CCENT
    WIP: CCNA; Server 2012; LPIC; JNCIA?
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

It's a certification for trainers. To be honest, I don't know anyone who has it.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. itskillsguy

itskillsguy Nibble Poster

It's starting to become more and more popular. To become an Adobe Certified Instructor, you must hold a CTT+ certification.

It's also going to be mandatory for trainers under CompTIA's new Authorized Partner Program (CAPP), I believe...

4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Yep, i did it back in 2006.

I took the exam using the official comptia material and then went to Rezound (highly recommended) for the video part which is then sent to Comptia for marking. As far as I am aware, everyone passed the video part thanks to them.

It's a great cert to have and Microsoft wil take it to be entered on to their MCT scheme.

Simon

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT