1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a login page in ASP

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by tech291083, Apr 6, 2006.

1. tech291083

tech291083 Bit Poster

hi,

i have been trying to learn a bit of asp on my own recently. i want to create a simple asp page which allows user to register with a unique name and password. then when they come back i want them to enter the site using the username and password. but i can not find any examples of this kind of code on the net. i have tried a few but they do not seem to be working of i m not able to understand them. i hope the code suggested by uoy will have the ability to check each the exact password for any authentic username entered. i m running win xp pro and access is my database. i need some serious help. please help me. thanks.

2. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

although it mentions frontpage, i think there's still some useful info here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825498
    also look at the references at the bottom of the page.

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Depends how secure you want it to be.
    There is a really easy way where you just add a couple of lines of code to the top of an ASP.NET page which point to a single login page, which then checks the password.
    It's simple and quick - if you want the code PM me.

If you want multiple users and passwords you can setup a database or stick them all in your webconfig file. It all depends on what your requirements are.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD