Create new OWA address

Discussion in 'Exchange Exams' started by Stoney, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

I'm not sure if this is possible or not but here goes.

My work email is OWA enabled and allows me to get my work email through a web browser. I tried this at home the other day and the server could not be found.

I assume this is because the OWA address used goes along the format of: http://server01.domain01/exchange and domain01 is not registered as a public domain.

We do have a public domain at www.company.com and I was wondering if it's possible to change the look up for OWA so that users can type http://server01.company.com/exchange and be able to get to their emails off site?

Is this possible with minimal effort?

Cheers,

Paul

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  2. Stoney

Stoney Megabyte Poster

It's ok I found a work around for this. Enter the public IP address of the email server into the URL instead of the FQDN.

Ra!

Certifications: 25 + 50 metre front crawl
    WIP: MCSA - Exam 70-270
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

You could always add another entry into your ISP's DNS pointing to the server with the new servers name.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

stoney,

add mail. as a A record in your 'real world' DNS hosting and that should sort you out :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. r.h.lee

r.h.lee Gigabyte Poster

Stoney,

Networkingly speaking, where is this Exchange Server? Internet? Intranet? DMZ?

Certifications: MCSE, MCP+I, MCP, CCNA, A+
    WIP: CCDA
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Does it matter? If he enters the real world I.P then it works which suggests that port forwading is setup. Once a proper domain name (mail.) is setup then it is ready to go :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs