CRB Checks

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by orangepeeleo, May 24, 2010.

1. orangepeeleo

orangepeeleo Nibble Poster

Hi,

Been very busy being a full time house husband since i left the army so not really had much chance to post on here but this is where im at atm.

I'm currently waiting on my CRB check coming through for the job that i got working at a private healthcare institution in northampton, as i won't be working with the vulnerable adults full time i think it was a standard disclosure application, im sure that someone on here would have done one before, and i know that at least 2 members work for a school in wellingborough so they might have experience of northamptonshire police forces speed when it comes to CRB checks.

Checked online and my application is at stage 4, which is the local police force stage and from a quick google can apparently take forever (info found from a childminders forum though so i presume they are talking about enhanced disclosure applications??) just wondering what other peoples experiences have been whilst waiting on a CRB, how long did it take? How long did it take from stage 4? and more specifically does anyone have exp of northamptonshire police forces speed at processing stage 4??

Just starting to flap a bit now as i get my last pay from the army at the end of this month and worrying that if i dont start at my new place before their payroll goes through, i know it was around the 15th in the forces, then i won't be getting a penny at the end of june which is clearly a disaster when it comes to paying the bills :eek: i might have to start getting round the agencies and praying for some factory work during june if this CRB doesnt come through quick enough........which would not be fun but it'll put food on the table and petrol in the car during july!

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Mine came through in about a month/4 weeks and that was an enhanced disclosure.
    I think it's just luck of the draw and depends on how much they've got on their plates at the time.
    It can be a real pain though.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

I started before my came through... But it wasn't long after I started that it finally did, and that was an Enhanced.

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  4. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Mine (Enhanced) came after around 4 weeks too.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
    WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  5. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

For Northants you are looking at on average 6 weeks from when it was submitted. Obviously it can be shorter but it can also be longer.

It is just luck of the draw I'm afraid as apparently it doesn't always go to the local force, it may go elsewhere.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  6. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

The first CRB check I did took 6 months to come through, but that was just after they were introduced and before they got their arses in gear and sorted the system out.

Since then most people I know (including me) who have had them done its taken anywhere between 4-6 weeks.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  7. billyr

billyr Kilobyte Poster

Hi Orangpeelo,

really glad you got something sorted out. As a small ray of hope, a CRB check submitted for myself for a new job was sent off on Monday 10th May the day I got the official offer, my certificate arrived at my house Monday 24th, a 2 week turnaround.

I've since turned down the role to stop where I am but that's a different story. I suppose it all depends on how naughty you've been in the past and efficiency of your local area.

Certifications: CCNP, CCSI, MCSE W2k/W2k3, MCITP_SA
    WIP: Taking it easy for a while.
  8. orangepeeleo

Checked my progress online today and it is saying that the disclosure has been dispatched today :D!!!

Signed contracts the other day and my projected start date was the 7th of June, was worrying a bit thinking that i wouldnt get my clearance back in time to start then but its came through!

Now i just have to get my head in the books and brush up on things b/c i have a feeling that 1 month of cleaning the house, baby talk and nappy changes has done nothing for my IT knowledge lol The way my job goes is that i have a contract with one company and i am working for one of their clients, its only a 6 month contract but ive been told that i could be taken on full time by the client or extended with my employer once thats up so i really need to hit the ground running and impress them from the get go

9. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

Make sure you start applying for more about 2 months before you finish mate, don't rest your luck on them deciding to keep you. Apart from that, Congratz and make sure to let us know how it's going. :)

Last edited: May 26, 2010
    Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  10. orangepeeleo

Yeah I'll definitely be starting to look for something else by around the end of august, this is very much at the forefront of my mind b/c my contract that i signed runs until the 3rd of december :eek: not the greatest time to be not knowing where the next pounds coming from lol

11. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I haven't got a CRB but do have SC status which I believe includes a CRB check and that took 5 weeks to come through which was very fast. It was a pain as I wasn't getting paid for those 5 weeks until it came through.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  12. smith

smith New Member

Hi there,

I am very frustrated too. I cannot believe how long a CRB check can take. My last one it took 4 months!now, I am waiting for a clearance before I can start my new job! DAM IT! I am stuck at stage 4 too... ! I really don't get this.. what is taking them so long!

One of my old colleague got his clearance in Liverpool within 2 weeks! I am in London, does this mean it will always take longer? The most annoying thing is.. there is nothing we can do to speed the process! I don't mind paying extra if needed!!!! Argh

13. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

my enhanced clearance took 13 weeks. apparently, they aim to complete every application within 12 weeks although this is not guaranteed. they told me not to sit tight as stage 4 is when the local force is envolved and will endevour to complete it - work permitting.

Someone i know had to wait 6 months! He has a very popular name and had about 3 addresses in as many years, plus someone with the same name had been in trouble with the police so it took it's time.

Sit tight - it's all you can do!

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT