Crazy

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by AJ, Feb 5, 2008.

1. PhoenixAngelique

PhoenixAngelique Byte Poster

Lol I'm an adrenaline junkie. Already know how to bungee, parachute, paraglide, fly a plane, done race tracks and am going to learn to snowboard soon.

WIP: CIW Master Website Design Manager
  2. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

Bully for you. I injure myself too easily as it is (eg, 3-week concussion from standing up too quickly), I enjoy being able to walk unaided as it is :rolleyes:

Certifications: Pet Geekery
    WIP: cure for insomnia
  3. PhoenixAngelique

lol fair enough. I bruise easy but that's about it. Wanna borrow my crutches? (only tore some muscly stuffs).

No need for the bully comment though, wasn't bragging, merely giving examples as to why i'm an adrenaline junkie :(

4. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

Sorry, that came out wrong :oops: It didn't sound like bragging, more me being very sleepy and thinking 'hmmmmm how many accidents are waiting to happen there?' :blink Sounds like you have quality time off!! :biggrin

Hmm, swap you the crutches for some godlike Guatemalan ointment? For some reason, my knees have been playing up since I stopped dance rehearsals in the summer :unsure (plus they'd help me get a seat on the bus home :tune)

5. PhoenixAngelique

lmao that's a good swap i recon, pleading 5th to the bus comment. They don't help on buses here that's for sure.

Don't worry, wasn't offended hehe. Just wondered if you realised how it sounded. I got good bones and thick skin :)

6. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

Seriously, I stockpiled on the ointment for my dancers back in the spring then ended up keeping it all, must be around here somewhere... :rolleyes:

Can I take the fifth too and just say it's been a really hectic week hence bad editing? Though this evening I'm in mourning - the candidate I wanted for our vacancy flunked his technical test this afternoon, I've been depressed ever since. :cry: I'm trying hard to find a way of putting him ahead of a woman with zero personality who also flunked the test but at least managed to complete it... :rolleyes:

7. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Made me feel ill just watching that video :eek:

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  8. PhoenixAngelique

Lol sure you can, darn that is bad mourning. Does he have better experience levels though? Give 'em a practical test.

Not you too!

9. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

I suggested a Duel of the Spreadsheets but my boss said the thought of it made him feel ill. The woman got the job - apparently there's a logic behind hiring someone with no brain, no personality and no skills. :rolleyes:

10. PhoenixAngelique

Lol what kind of logic? I fail to see that.

*Thinking..........*

Nope still can't see it. That battle sounded good to me, shoulda offered him the trash can when he said he felt sick lol.

11. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

Yeah, I'd like to have seen it too! (Maybe filmed it and posted it on here :biggrin) Not nearly enough entertainment at work... :tune

The logic was that she comes cheap, she actually wants the job, she'll be so grateful at being 'given an opportunity' that she won't mind doing all the tedious stuff nobody else wants to do - and as she's internal, we won't have to come up with a sales job on the company or pretend we have any kind of warm fuzzy feelings towards the company.

By contrast, the guy I wanted us to hire had been a data analyst before his current dead-end job (the vacancy is for a data analyst), his brain, technical skills and self-confidence have all turned to mush, and the job would have given him a 3-month boost to his CV and morale. Plus he has a personality. And conversation skills. And a sense of humour. <sigh>

12. Rover977

Rover977 Byte Poster

Just seen this - takes a lot of bottle to do this, and I also got sweaty palms just watching it. Maybe these guys are acrobats or something and are used to 'stunts'. I think it must be over 500 feet up judging by the surrounding buildings. I notice the music playing is the tune of 'Frigging in the Riggin' by the Sex Pistols, which was the B-side of their single 'Something Else'.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Cisco CCNA
  13. PhoenixAngelique

Lol I guess that logic isn't too bad, still sounds like the guy would've been better though. Hehe I know a guy that does that job and is looking for a new one lol typical!

14. harpistic

harpistic Byte Poster

I did suggest posting the job on here - 3-month stopgap for anyone looking for work - but boss ignored me :cry:

Damn it, I all but told the guy what was on the technical test and nagged him to use the help files, but no.... :x

15. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

OK, I almost lost dinner watching that, but you have to love the soundtrack (forgive me if this was mentioned earlier) - an apparently German version of the Sex Pistols' "Friggin' in the riggin'" - utterly appropriate.

Note - if the brown stuff hit the ventilation equipment for those twats, then Tom Petty's "Freefalling" may be more appropriate !!

If I have patronised the Board by mentioning this, then shoot me now :oops:

:biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  16. PhoenixAngelique

*BANG!* Consider yourself shot! lol j/k

Awww sods law on both fronts huh? Ah well, maybe next time :D