Crammin...

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Tomsolomon, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Tomsolomon

Tomsolomon Bit Poster

Were crammin, I hope you like crammin too......
    This Net+ is a flippin nightmare, there are so many acronyms to remember my head feels like its going to explode. I must admit the A+ was a doddle, but this is something else.
    Anyone got any tricks or tips, other than sticking ones head in a book?
    I have about 10-12 weeks before the exam, and the only thing I can see myself doing, between now and then, is revision.
    Also can anyone direct me to the Cisco link, the one with all the network info and resources? I used to be able to log onto it via Moodle, but the password has expired.

Certifications: C&G IT System Support, A+ Certification
  2. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

Well I think you said it : read a book. :biggrin
    You could purchase Boson software, I hear there N+ questions are pretty good.

As for all the acronyms? Welcome to IT! :)
    Pretty sure Google can help you out with that.

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

We have an ExSim product for Network+, but we haven't yet created an ExSim-Max product for it yet. We plan on doing so for the new version of the exam... it's next on our plate to do.

Thanks, Ferret!!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. loneferret

loneferret Byte Poster

No problem, I remember some of my teachers back in school saying they used Boson for the Cisco certs. If it's good enough for them, I suppose it's good enough for a lot of people. :)

Back on subject, read books and then read them again. Search the Internet for anything TCP/IP related. Remember and understand all those freaking acronyms (I'm part of CAAA: Canadians Against Acronym Abuse). If you've got a network, try and apply what you've read by seeing how everything works (IP settings, DNS etc). Since the Network+ is meanly theory, you don't really need years of experience of pass it. Unlike other certifications, this one is considered entry level. Although some of the questions can be tricky (I passed the Exam in 2004), it's pretty straight forward.

I used the Sybex Network+ book, and read it once. Then read it again, this time taking notes (active reading) along the way. After that read it again, this time trying to find errors in my notes. So ended up reading 3 times. It took me about 3 weeks to study for the exam, but I had the luxury of being in school at the time, hence had time to study.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Certifications: MCDST/N+/L+/i-Net+/CIW/OSCP/OSCE
    WIP: MCTS 70-662
  6. Evilwheato

Evilwheato Kilobyte Poster

I do pretty much the same thing! I've read the Meyers book, and finishing the Sybex now. After I'm done I'll do through them again (with the help of CB Nuggets/Testout) and make my own notes in a small book.
    I then take that book everywhere :)